Go Back   The Whistle Post - Model Railroad Forum > Model Railroading > Narrow Gauge
Home Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Donate Chat! Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-milw View Post
Hey Reg,
Once you get yours going maybe you can help me with mine, I have only had it for six years.

You bet. But it is likely to start out as a classic case of the blind leading the blind.

Reg
Old 08-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Engineer

It is hard to believe, but I got another couple of hours of MRR time today.

I now have four trestle bents complete (two installed on the treastle) with just three more to go. Once the bents are all in place, all I need to do is fabricate and install the sway bracing and the trestle will be ready to put into place. Actual placement will be a bit of an exercise, but should be straightforward.

I just noted that my first post on railroad progress was in July of last year. Sometimes it seems that I have been working on this layout longer than that. But noting that date, and remembering the weeks of forced inactivity. I am actually quite encouraged by the progress I have made.

Reg
Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Engineer

I managed to sneak down the basement, AGAIN!.

Progress on the Black Creek Trestle is very encouraging. I promise to take some photos this evening and try and get them posted tomorrow.

All the bents have been built and installed. The next step is to cut and install the sway bracing and the retainer boards on the abutment bents.

It will then be ready to begin the installation process. The first step in that process will be to test fit the trestle and install shimming under the bents and to fabricate and install the supports for the abutment bents.

Once I know it is properly fitted, it will be removed and I will do the scenery around the trestle. Only then will final installation take place.

Photos tonight!

Reg
Old 09-02-2010, 07:59 PM

I'm waiting Reg!

http://www.thewhistlepost.com/forums...l-roofing.html

Jim
Old 09-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to ak-milw
Me too Reg!!!!!

Andy Kramer, Modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin--- The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement!
MRHA member since 2003
www.milwaukeemodelers.net
PLEASE REGISTER
If this is your first visit to The Whistle Post - Model Railroad Forum please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, and view the full contents of TheWhistlePost.com including the Photo Gallery, Video/Audio/Text Chat, Classified Ads, Photo Contests, Social Groups, and more! Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please read FAQ. Thanks for joining us! We look forward to chatting with you and seeing your layout!

Click here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login above to gain full access to the site.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Engineer

Old 09-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
I'm waiting Reg!
OK! OK! Here they be. I have included earlier photos for those who might not have been following the trestle project (which has been hanging fire far to long). Also, pardon the clutter. I didn't have time to "stage" the latest photos. I just took 'em in the work area.

Reg
Attached Thumbnails
Progress on the BB&E-123.jpg   Progress on the BB&E-124.jpg   Progress on the BB&E-125.jpg   Progress on the BB&E-127.jpg   Progress on the BB&E-128.jpg  

Progress on the BB&E-041.jpg   Progress on the BB&E-044.jpg  
Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 PM

Very nice Reg, well worth waiting for. Very symetrical & the color looks good as well. Did you letter your engine?

http://www.thewhistlepost.com/forums...l-roofing.html

Jim
Old 09-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
Very nice Reg, well worth waiting for. Very symetrical & the color looks good as well. Did you letter your engine?
Thanks. The stain is my standard india ink in alcohol that I use for all weathered and/or treated wood.

I did not letter the loco. It will get re-lettered. I happened upon a good deal for that particular engine. And, in fact, looking at the photo again, that is a mismatched tender. The loco that goes with that tender has less pinstriping and has the number under the cab windows.

I have two of the consolidations. One was purchased at a decent discount from Internet Trains and has nice pinstriping and is unlettered. I forget who the other came from, but they offered a really attractive discount if they could select the paint and lettering style. They chose Colorado Mines #28 and I saved about $60 over what everybody else was listing the loco for.

Eventually, everything will be lettered for the Henderson Bay Railway and Navigation Company. Equipment mods, painting, lettering and weathering will not be seriously started until I have most of the track in place, though I have seriously modified, painted and weathered one of the Bachmann cabooses (cabeese?)

Reg
Old 09-03-2010, 05:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to ak-milw
Looking very nice Reg. Should look great set in the layout. Just so you know I did tell Steve you were really modeling something and not just making the whole thing up!!

Andy Kramer, Modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin--- The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement!
MRHA member since 2003
www.milwaukeemodelers.net
PLEASE REGISTER
If this is your first visit to The Whistle Post - Model Railroad Forum please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, and view the full contents of TheWhistlePost.com including the Photo Gallery, Video/Audio/Text Chat, Classified Ads, Photo Contests, Social Groups, and more! Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please read FAQ. Thanks for joining us! We look forward to chatting with you and seeing your layout!

Click here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login above to gain full access to the site.